Any revenue generated by this site in terms of advertising (the Google ad links) or purchases via Amazon.com is directed in it's entirety to Elias Community Church (see their blog site listed to the right), a mission to the Fort Hawkins community in central Georgia.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Light of Eidon

I was recently given a book entitled The Light of Eidon, which is Karen Hancock's first book in a new series called Legends of the Guardian-King. I thoroughly enjoyed this book once I got a handle on the setting and characters. Since it is a fantasy, at first it was a little difficult to understand some of the action. In some ways it reminded me of Ted Dekker's Circle Trilogy, which I also enjoyed very much. Somehow, looking at one's beliefs from a totally different perspective helps me to see them more clearly. In both these books I found myself suspicious of the "good guys" those who truly represented Christ's message, not just traditonal values. I am eagerly looking forward to the next book in this series. Since the characters did not choose a predictable path once they 'saw the light', I'm really curious to see how their lives develop and the affect on related characters.

No comments: